IVI seeks to advance the science, practice, and use of value assessment in healthcare to make it more meaningful to those who receive, provide, and pay for care. We envision a U.S. healthcare system that directs resources to the most valuable treatment(s) for every individual patient, to the benefit of all stakeholders.
We achieve this mission and vision by:
- Defining the gaps and limitations in the existing value assessment approaches and practices
- Identifying the component elements of value and conducting methods research on how to measure and apply those components to next-generation value assessment
- Improving understanding of how to aggregate those components and incorporate them into value assessment models
- Facilitating application and use of novel value assessment methods to real-world decision contexts
- Building an independent, research-driven organization dedicated to transparency, patient-centeredness, and relevance of value assessment to real-world decisions and experiences of all stakeholders.