The U.S. health system is diverse, complex, and ripe for innovation. The Innovation and Value Initiative (IVI) was created to raise the level of discussion and find common ground in the approach to measuring value in healthcare. We do this by bringing together healthcare leaders from academia, patient advocacy organizations, payers, life sciences companies, providers, delivery systems, and employer communities to find common ground in the science and practice of measuring value. We welcome your expertise in our organization to:
- Drive Scientific Advancement. By joining IVI, you can be at the center of scientific advancement and help drive cutting edge research in value assessment.
- Put Patients First. IVI is committed to keeping patients at the center of value assessment. We need your insight to ensure that IVI designs its research and methods to fully incorporate the diversity of patient needs, perspectives, and values.
- Ensure Transparency in Value Assessment Research. Traditional value assessment approaches provide little transparency, limited perspective, and static evidence. These fail to meet the diverse and evolving needs for information among all stakeholders. IVI fosters communication and open dialogue about methods and findings in our research. We need you to ensure that our Open-Source Value Platform (OSVP) allows for the input of all stakeholders.
- Widen the Tent of Stakeholders. Our research initiatives rely on the input of multiple stakeholders and multiple users – from payers to employers to patients and researchers. As a member of IVI, you can connect to key stakeholders around the country and ensure that your voice is heard as we prioritize our research.
- Push Beyond “Good Enough” in Value Assessment. While assessing value in healthcare is not a new concept, it’s time for an upgrade. IVI is dedicated to pushing beyond “good enough” in value measurement by identifying, assessing, and utilizing new, more sophisticated and relevant methods to measure value in healthcare.