Join IVI in Advancing New Methods for Value Assessment
The U.S. health system is diverse, complex, and ripe for innovation. The Innovation and Value Initiative (IVI) was created to raise the level of discussion and find common ground in the approach to measuring value in healthcare. We do this by bringing together healthcare leaders from academia, patient advocacy organizations, payers, life sciences companies, providers, delivery systems, and employer communities to find common ground in the science and practice of measuring value. We welcome your expertise in our organization to:
- Drive Scientific Advancement. By joining IVI, you can be at the center of scientific advancement and help drive cutting edge research in value assessment.
- Put Patients First. IVI is committed to keeping patients at the center of value assessment. We need your insight to ensure that IVI designs its research and methods to fully incorporate the diversity of patient needs, perspectives, and values.
- Ensure Transparency in Value Assessment Research. Traditional value assessment approaches provide little transparency, limited perspective, and static evidence. These fail to meet the diverse and evolving needs for information among all stakeholders. IVI fosters communication and open dialogue about methods and findings in our research. We need you to ensure that our Open-Source Value Platform (OSVP) allows for the input of all stakeholders.
- Widen the Tent of Stakeholders. Our research initiatives rely on the input of multiple stakeholders and multiple users – from payers to employers to patients and researchers. As a member of IVI, you can connect to key stakeholders around the country and ensure that your voice is heard as we prioritize our research.
- Push Beyond “Good Enough” in Value Assessment. While assessing value in healthcare is not a new concept, it’s time for an upgrade. IVI is dedicated to pushing beyond “good enough” in value measurement by identifying, assessing, and utilizing new, more sophisticated and relevant methods to measure value in healthcare.
Join a dynamic community to build value assessment 2.0.
Become a member today.
Types of Members
There are multiple ways to collaborate with IVI and join us in our mission to advance the science and improve the practice of value assessment in healthcare.
Organizations and individuals representing both non-profit and for-profit stakeholders with interest in value assessment are eligible to become IVI members. Sectors represented on the Board and in membership include payers, employers, providers, technology and life sciences organizations, researchers, foundations, academics, and patients and families. For more information on IVI’s General Membership, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Innovators Circle members are organizations and individuals that have made significant investments or founding contributions in the mission and vision of IVI. In addition to the benefits listed for members above, Innovators Circle members are eligible to serve on the Scientific Advisory Panel, and have an opportunity to make recommendations for the Annual Scientific Meeting agenda. Innovators Circle members receive an additional invitation to the Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as acknowledgment on the IVI Website, Annual Scientific Meeting, and select IVI communications. To speak further about how you or your organization can join the Innovators Circle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some individual researchers, patient/family members, or policymakers may desire to participate as an unaffiliated individual in IVI research and support the organization and its mission. For additional information on joining IVI as an individual member, e-mail us email@example.com.
A representative membership across the healthcare system is a cornerstone to IVI’s purpose and goals. IVI members help the Board of Directors establish the strategic direction of the organization and participate in research and translational projects that advance the methods for understanding value in the healthcare system. As IVI continues to grow, members will not only enjoy the first opportunity to review scientific agendas and research findings, but will contribute to exchange of trends, ideas and perspectives from their respective stakeholder sectors. IVI members are:
- Eligible for nomination to the Board of Directors and committees
- Eligible to serve on the Patient Advisory Council (Patient and Family organizations)
- Eligible to vote for the Board of Directors and at the Annual Meeting on any issues presented to members
- Invited to the Annual Scientific Meeting (cost of meeting includes one representative per organization)
- Invited to Annual Scientific Trends Webinar
- Given priority access and member comment period on the Annual White Paper on Research Trends
- Recipients of the Members-only Newsletter
- Able to make recommendations to the Scientific Advisory Panel and the Patient Advisory Council
- Listed (with logo for organizations) on IVI website
Member dues are based on the type of organization and annual revenue. These dues go directly to IVI research, patient and stakeholder engagement and the Open-Source Value Platform that supports inclusive, transparent work to improve value assessment. Membership support is an important foundation to IVI’s sustainability and evidence of our representative and inclusive worldview.