As part of the public input process, IVI submitted comments on the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review’s (ICER) 2020 Value Assessment Framework. In May, ICER invited public comments as part of their process to update methods that underpin ICER reports. In summary, IVI wrote that value assessment must:
• Provide flexible models that can be fit to diverse contexts and updated as evidence evolves;
• Be totally transparent to all stakeholders;
• Explicitly acknowledge and address uncertainty;
• Incorporate non-clinical attributes and outcomes in value estimates; and
• Actively take a patient-centered focus throughout all stages of the research to assess the value of medical technology.
Read the full letter here.