Be a Part of the Open-Source Process
Models developed as part of IVI’s Open-Source Value Platform (OSVP) serve as a hands-on “laboratory” for improving methods, resolving scientific questions, and engaging in an ongoing public discussion about value in healthcare. This iterative process is made possible by an ongoing cycle of public feedback, expert review, revision, and re-release.
There are multiple ways to provide feedback and make recommendations to improve the value tools:
- Submit Formal Comments During Open Comment Periods: Written comments, methodological feedback, and recommendations for additions or changes should be submitted in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted comments will be made publicly available. Please include organizational letterhead, if applicable.
- Modify the Source Code: To contribute directly to the development of the underlying model, click here access the source code and submit changes on the IVI GitHub page.
The IVI Open-Source Development Process
A Fully Transparent Process
Transparency is a key principal of the Open-Source Value Platform and essential to the open-source development process. In addition to making all modeling code and methods available for public download and use, IVI makes the feedback, review, and revision process fully transparent. All feedback received on IVI’s OSVP models is made publicly available following the end of the public comment period. Similarly, the results of the Technical Expert Panel’s review and recommendations are publicly released, and IVI’s planned revisions in response are shared ahead of the subsequent model release.
Feedback on Current Models
- IVI-RA Pre-Release Feedback: IVI received helpful feedback from a wide range of stakeholders prior to release, including detailed review of model methods and interface design. IVI received feedback in a variety of formats, including both informal discussions with patient advocates and clinicians, as well as formal written comments. View pre-release comments here.
- Comments on IVI-RA Initial Release: IVI held a three-month open feedback period on the initial IVI-RA model release, ending February 18, 2018. These comments, which represent a range of perspectives, are the basis for upcoming model revisions and will inform future iterations of both the IVI-RA model and future OSVP models. View consolidated public comments here.
- TEP Review of IVI-RA Initial Release and Planned Revisions: Public feedback received on the initial release of the IVI-RA model was reviewed by the RA Technical Expert Panel (TEP), an objective third party comprised of leaders in health economics, epidemiology, rheumatology, and patient communities. Based on public input, the TEP provided recommendations for revisions for version 2.0 of the IVI-RA model. View detailed TEP report here.
- Comments on IVI-NSCLC Initial Release: IVI held an open feedback period for the initial release of the IVI-NSCLC model between January 31 and April 1, 2019. Similar to the IVI-RA model, the comments received will serve as a basis for future revisions of the IVI-NSCLC model. View the public comments here.