Position: HEOR Research Associate
Reporting to: Chief Science Officer
Location: Flexible. IVI supports virtual staff with current HQ in Alexandria, Virginia.
The Innovation and Value Initiative (IVI) has grown since its inception and stands at a unique threshold of opportunity for the visibility of its value assessment models and methods, its leadership in the value-based healthcare debate, and its growth into a multi-stakeholder platform to enhance the science and practice of value assessment in healthcare. These efforts are firmly grounded in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) expertise and IVI has developed a research portfolio that includes augmented economic model development, real-world data studies, patient preference and patient-reported outcomes studies, as well as evidence-based strategies to help decision-makers apply these results.
IVI is seeking a Research Associate to help support the conduct of IVI’s strong pipeline of research. This role will report directly to the Chief Science Officer and will work closely with IVI’s Director of Research to ensure the timely and successful conduct of HEOR studies, while also interacting with a diverse network of researchers in academic, think tank, and clinical organizations to accelerate the execution of IVI research projects.
- Project coordination, timeline management, etc., to ensure timely completion of high-quality deliverables
- Help develop research plans, protocols and budgets, conduct analyses, and provide input on development of drafts and final reports, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Contribute to the design and conduct of health economics and outcomes research projects and studies focusing on value assessment, patient preferences, and patient-reported outcomes
- Conduct literature reviews and other searches
- Develop written project plans and summaries of literature and other research for use in project reports, white papers, etc.
- Communication with internal project team members as well as external members and research partners to design and manage value assessment research projects and ensure their successful completion
- Master’s degree (MSc, MPH) in fields related to HEOR (outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, health services research) with at least 2 years of work experience in HEOR
- Skilled at process and project management
- Proficiency in methodological approaches and tools in HEOR (e.g., retrospective database analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, stakeholder engagement, patient-reported outcomes studies, patient preference studies)
- Strong science writing skills and ability to communicate research concepts to technical and lay audiences
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Team player with good communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to critique scientific research
- Plus, but not required:
- Experience developing and/or validating economic models
- Experience using Excel, R, etc. for economic modeling and/or statistical analysis
This position is offered on a full-time basis. Compensation and benefits will be competitive.
For Questions or to Apply
To learn more, please visit our website at www.thevalueinitiative.org. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.