Position: Chief Science Officer
Reporting to: IVI Executive Director
Location: Flexible. IVI supports virtual staff with current HQ in Alexandria, Virginia and research teams in California.
The Innovation and Value Initiative Foundation, Inc. (IVI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization advancing the science and improve the practice of value assessment in healthcare. IVI is working to raise the level of discussion regarding value in healthcare and find common ground in the approach to measuring value through research, methods development and scientific communication and engagement. The U.S health system is diverse, complex, and ripe for innovation in the value space and we believe IVI is uniquely positioned to challenge outdated thinking and methodologies.
In support of the mission, IVI requires a Chief Science Officer (CSO) to develop a strategic portfolio of research projects that advance patient-centered and flexible value assessment and are impactful to the overall discussion of healthcare value assessment, as well as the key stakeholders within the space. The CSO will develop and engage a diverse network of researchers in academic, think tank and clinical organizations that can accelerate the execution of IVIF research projects. In addition, the CSO will collaborate with leading scientific and economics advisors to ensure fidelity to methods and process as the organization evolves. Finally, the CSO must develop a network of partners to IVIF that provide diverse perspectives from the scientific and academic communities as well as from the key stakeholders within the health economics debate.
- Partner with Executive Director, Board of Directors, research staff and other research network, and Scientific Advisory Panel members to develop a long range roadmap of research that supports the IVI vision and strategy
- Chair the Scientific Advisory Panel to the Board of Directors
- Cultivate and deliver a patient-centered perspective to developing the IVI research agenda
- Develop and advise on research project RFPs and protocols
- Contribute to the development of IVI grant applications and research funding
- Articulate research and scientific protocols and guidance relevant to IVI scientific research and model development
- Develop and guide the expansion of IVI’s research network providing a bench of talent that will excel in the execution of the pipeline of research
- Effectively manage and guide a diverse pool of resources, both internal and external to IVI, who are experts in their given research, to execute the research agenda
- Develop relationships between the scientific and research community and IVI that expands access to a variety of viewpoints across the healthcare economics and value assessment space
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Communications team to articulate IVI’s positions and effectively disseminate results of research agenda at scientific conferences, publications and through earned media communications
- Recommend and execute cadence of IVI engagements to include talks, panels, and other forums
- Partner with the Executive Director to provide insights from a research perspective to value assessment policy applications and communication
- Doctorate level degree in a discipline relevant to healthcare economics and patient-centered research preferred
- At least 5-10 years of experience managing and executing research in healthcare economics space, to include health economics and outcomes research, value based economic frameworks and modeling, translational research and research design
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methods and research
- Experience building a successful research program, to include developing an agenda, recruiting and mentoring staff (both internal and external), and delivering a portfolio of quality research on time and on budget
- A collaborative approach with patients and key stakeholders to develop a patient-centric research agenda that meaningfully impacts the health economics debate
- A track record of success in small, entrepreneurial environments with a positive, can do attitude
- Experience leading discussions of evidence among multiple stakeholders with an ability to effectively communicate complex scientific research to a layperson
Compensation will be competitive.
For Questions or to Apply:
To learn more, please visit our website at www.thevalueinitiative.org. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the term “Chief Science Officer” in the subject line.
IVI is an equal opportunity employer.