Position: Health Economics Writer/Researcher
Reporting to: Chief Science Officer
Location: Flexible. IVI supports virtual staff with current HQ in Alexandria, Virginia.
The Innovation and Value Initiative (IVI) has grown since its inception and stands at a unique threshold of opportunity for the visibility of its value assessment models and methods, its leadership in the value-based healthcare debate, and its growth into a multi-stakeholder platform to enhance the science and practice of value assessment in healthcare. These efforts are firmly grounded in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) expertise and IVI has developed a research portfolio that includes augmented economic model development, real-world data studies, patient preference and patient-reported outcomes studies, as well as evidence-based strategies to help decision-makers apply these results.
IVI is seeking a Health Economics Writer/Researcher to help support and communicate the strong pipeline of research to both technical and lay audiences. This role will report directly to the Chief Science Officer and will closely interact with the Director of Communications and HEOR Manager.
- Support IVI’s scientific communication plan by managing end-to-end creation of content such as journal articles, abstracts, white papers, and research briefs
- Ensure all content is consistent in tone and messaging governing all IVI communications, in coordination with the Director of Communications
- Conduct interviews of key personnel such as researchers, patients, and executives in support of content generation
- Conduct literature reviews and other searches
- Develop written summaries of literature, other research for use in project reports, white papers, and research proposals
- Project coordination, timeline management, etc. to ensure timely completion of high-quality deliverables
- Communication with internal project team members as well as external members and research partners
- Master’s degree or 2-5 years experience in fields related to HEOR (outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, health services research)
- Strong science writing skills and an ability to communicate research concepts to both technical and lay audiences
- Experience writing academic content such as journal articles, abstracts, and white papers, as well as public facing content such as research briefs
- Experience and strong proficiency in interviewing a wide variety of audiences including researchers, patients, and executives
- Experience in conducting literature reviews
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to critique scientific research
- Strong team player
- Strong process and project management skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Plus, but not required: Experience developing and/or validating economic models
This position is offered on a full-time basis. Compensation and benefits will be competitive.
For Questions or to Apply
To learn more, please visit our website at www.thevalueinitiative.org. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.