A Flexible Modeling Platform for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is the most common autoimmune inflammatory arthritis in adults and often negatively impacts patients’ quality of life and ability to perform daily activities.
To help decision-makers identify high-value treatments for patients with RA, the IVI-RA model simulates the lifetime costs and benefits of different strategies for treating patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
Submit Your Feedback by February 16, 2018
The Open-Source Value Project allows for iterative and collaborative development of all modeling platforms — including the IVI-RA model — in order to incorporate diverse perspectives.
We want to hear from you! From sharing your perspective on what factors should be included in our measurement of value to recommending changes to the underlying source code, we encourage you to share your thoughts as part of the public feedback period. Make your voice heard and contribute to the open source process.
There are multiple ways to use the IVI-RA model, with options for a wide range of users – from those new to modeling to expert programmers.
- IVI-RA Value Tool: This interactive online tool provides a streamlined experience requiring no existing expertise.
- IVI-RA Model Interface: For users who want control over all the modeling parameters and structural assumptions, this interface provides a complete dashboard interface for running analyses with the IVI-RA model.
- iviRA R Package: The R package is available to users who would like to fully customize their analyses.
- Source Code: Complete source code for the IVI-RA model is available for download and adaptation.
The IVI-RA model is an open-source simulation model that decision-makers can use to assess the value of different sequences of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Specifically, the IVI-RA model provides information on expected health benefits, risks and costs for patients with moderate to severe RA.
There is a lot to learn about the IVI-RA model. Get started with the links below, or visit our FAQs page.
- Incorporating the Patient Perspective: See how we worked with patients and other stakeholders to build Version 1 of the IVI-RA Value Tool.
- Application in the Real World: Learn about the mechanics of the IVI-RA model, which serves as the engine for the IVI-RA Value Tool, and see specific examples of how it can be used.
- Review IVI-RA Model Detailed Methodology: Click here to learn more about the technical details on how the IVI-RA model is constructed.